Saturday, October 3, 2009

Ground Level Photo Workout






This morning was a wonderful, pleasant, cool morning; a nice change from the afternoon Georgia heat. I was enjoying my morning walk with my dog Rascal and enjoying being outside. As I was walking I noticed that the mushrooms had grown tall enough to see the stems so I decided that once Rascal was walked I'd get my camera, without my tripod and try for some ground level shots of the whole mushroom. Well I got my camera and back I went, I'd had a nice little warm up walk. Now for the pictures; you wouldn't believe how many deep knee bends are involved in getting ground level pictures. You know you have to put the camera on the ground, stay there to line up the photo, take the pic and get up again. What was I thinking? Anyway by the time I got done I was hot, tired, and sweat was dripping into my eyes; just like I'd been working out in a gym (but this was more fun). I then had a cool down of my walk home (a very slo-o-ow walk). Now it may not seem like I did a lot of deep knee bends but there were a lot more picture taken that have yet to edited so it really was a good workout. I have found that I have gotten more exercise since I've taken up photography. There are plenty of hobbies out there that can increase your physical exercise and have fun while you're at it. I personally like swimming at the gym, too. I just have to get there.

1 comment:

kuluth said...

Your photos are really beautiful..nice shots