Thursday, October 13, 2011

A New Attitude

I was angry really angry and probably had every right to be so, but I found that because I was angry and thinking angry thoughts; I was not treating the people I was dealing with very well.  I needed to change my thoughts and the way I was talking to myself.  So I thought how can I change I am angry to a better way to talk to myself.  First I changed to I am annoyed, next I added I am a tad annoyed.  Much softer way to think.  Isn't tad a wonderful word; I looked it up in the dictionary and it means ' a small or insignificant amount or degree'.  I added temporarily to the sentence but that was just to much so I went back to I am a tad annoyed. Much better way to think; it helps put out the fire of my anger and puts things into perspective.  It allows me to correct the problem without taking my anger out on those who caused the problem or those who are trying to help me.

I learned these tricks for changing my attitude by changing the way I talk to myself from reading Anthony Robbins ('Unlimited Power') and James Allen ('As a Man Thinketh') and the scriptures- Proverbs 23:7 "For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he."

Enjoy your day
☺☺☺Johnina☺☺☺

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I'll have to try that "tad" trick sometime!

Marlene said...

Johnina Hi I am marleyjayene18 aka Marlene from swap bot. I really enjoyed your topic as I have been having same issues with someone only I have kept it inside and it has gotten by blood pressure out of control and landed up in the Emergency room on Friday due to holding everything inside.