Thursday, April 22, 2010

Walden

In running my errands yesterday which included both the bookstore and the library, I realized that I did not own a copy of Walden and in fact had never read all of it.  So this being earth week I decided it would be a very appropriate book to read, a classic to make me think or so I've been lead to believe from the many quotes I have heard that have been taken from it.  So I am going to read it in fact I started to read it last night.  In going to the bookstore which was going out of business :^C  :^C (double sad face) I was able to get this new hardback copy for only $3.  I would rather have paid full price than have the bookstore go out of business but than again I probably would not have bought it which is probably one reason they were closing.  Economics is kind of a vicious circle isn't it?

4 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yes, what an appropriate book for Earth Day/Week! Thoreau is said to be the first environmentalist.

Zuzana said...

To bad a book store is going out of business, but good for you to have made a bargain. I have yet to read this book myself.
xo

Paul C said...

A delightful book from a man who was so attuned to nature and disconnected from the feverish pace of the world.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

What a pity these lovely old stores go out of business but I guess with everything on-line nowdays, it is hard to compete.