Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hawke Free Childrens Library


These are the photos I was taking when I fell and hurt my knee.
After I started on the pain killers and the muscle relaxants I was really out of it and if I laid down to put my leg up I went to sleep.  Of course the doctors orders were to lay down with my feet up so I've pretty well slept since Tues.  Today was the first day where I was coherent.  Tues I called Laura and told her about falling and she told me about Hayden's day at school and how one of the teachers had told her Hayden was her favorite.  On Weds she asked about the teachers comment and I had NO recollection of the conversation at all.  Sweet Laura just said "oh, good than I get to tell you all over again."  So much better than being mad because I didn't remember.

Anyway I finally got around to editing some of the photos I took.  See Tues post for a regular front shot of the building.  This is a nicely preserved old building in downtown Griffin that is now used by the school district, I think. 
I went to take these photos because I had taken one from the stop-light and so many people liked it; I went back to get the building from several different angles.

There are times when I edit that I am surprised by which photos I like best when the edit is done.  Do you have a favorite?  If so which one?  I would be interested in knowing.
I still have other photos to edit but I think I got some pretty good shots from many and varied angles.  I hope you enjoy them.

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My faves are the last two shots, of the ironwork railing and the tops of the columns. Hope you feel better soon! Keep taking those pills and resting!

DawnTreader said...

These are all very good shots. I have a "thing" for lampposts, so I really like that one. But also the one looking up the tree, with that little "star" of light. And in the last one is very clever too, it gives the feeling of the weight resting on those pillars.

Zuzana said...

I hope you will get better soon, how awful to be on so much medication.
The pictures are beautiful, I like how you show off the details.;)
Hope your Sunday is lovely despite everything,
xo