Friday, April 30, 2010

Delightful Day

Today was a beautiful day.  Sunshiny bright, with a slight breeze.  I spent a lot of time outside working in the garden.  What joy it brought.  I planted tomatoes, saw tomato blossoms on tomatoes I had planted earlier.  Tomatoes have gotten sooo expensive that they have become quite the treat and I can hardly wait for my garden tomatoes to be ready to eat.  Of course no matter how how expensive tomatoes get they always taste so much better from the garden and I'm hoping for lots this summer.  Both my flower and veggie gardens seem to be taking off and doing magnificently this year.  I'm eating salads from my garden, my plants are thriving.  The picture above is an heirloom flower that I decided to try and they are blooming and thriving.
My Blanketflowers came up great this year.  I love them, they bloom from spring through several light frosts. They are always bright and cheerful and attract many kinds of insects.
This is my favorite.  My first rose off my new rose plants.  The Benn and Jeremy planted it a couple of weeks ago and it has certainly felt at home and thrived where it was planted.
My regular camera is back in the shop being fixed again so these pictures were taken with my old point and shoot.  I really feel lost without my camera, but I decided to try to make up for it by doing a nice pretty edit on the pics and I must say I really enjoyed it.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I like the special effects you used for these photos, especially the rose!

Vagabonde said...

You are real good with editing. I just know the basics and need to learn. I have a problem with a critter coming to my yard and turning my pots over. Do you know how to stop squirrels or whatever it is, to do that?

Zuzana said...

Lovely images.;) I spent my Friday very much the same way, doing some gardening;) However, my tomatoes will be planted first in a month, it is still too early for them.;)
Have a lovely weekend,
xo

Paul C said...

Stunning photographic effects that are dreamy and fantasiful.

kuluth said...

Loved the rose pic, great work