Sunday, January 3, 2010

Finished last night


Emily brought this book with her for me to read. She is an English lit. major with a sense of humor. We both have the same slightly bizarre sense of humor and enjoy books like this, authors like Neil Gaiman, and movies such as Nightmare Before Christmas and Monty Python's Holy Grail. I enjoyed this book; it is good satire of "Pride and Prejudice" and the morals and manners of the times. One good example is that the zombies are never referred to as zombies they are unmentionables. Even the publisher has the appropriate name of Quirk Classics.
I probably would not have finished last night but I was using it as a distraction from the fibro pain. This is a good indication of how good the book is and how much I enjoyed it because if it wasn't good enough it would not have been a good distraction.

No comments: