Friday, January 29, 2010

Survivor

One of the things that I have noticed as I have gone through my pictures looking for photos that I would like to spend the time doing the extra editing this month is that in my pictures I've been wearing the same clothes for several years. I decided that since I basically have the material, thread, buttons, patterns and all the sewing equipment I need that I would try sewing my own clothes again. This is something I have enjoyed in the past, I like to sew and I like having clothes that are creative and one of a kind. However I found that I was having a terrible time cutting out the patterns, but fortunately I have a friend who will do that for me. Hooray for talented friends. But since it had been several years since I had sewn I decided maybe I should update my patterns and hooray for serendipity there was a sale on brand name patterns for 99cents. I sure like that price better than the regular price of between $12-15. I like it when things work out like that.
While I was at the craft store I couldn't resist looking around. A real weakness of mine. While I was looking around another stroke of serendipity; I found the stamp pictured above which I also couldn't resist. It really resonated with me and my feelings about my life. I hope that there are others that this little quote will touch like it touched me.

1 comment:

Zuzana said...

What a beautiful post and what a lovely place. I love those kind of moments, when suddenly we discover something that speaks to us. It feels like everything is set right, as if we were meant to find that particular object, to read that certain book, meet those special people.
I love the stamp picture and what it represents.

Than you so much for your visit and kind words.;)
xo
Zuzana