Monday, November 16, 2009

Electric Sunset


On the way home from the store a couple of days ago, I saw this sunset and had to take a picture of it. I don't very often get to see a good sunset because my house is surrounded by very tall trees which block any real good sunset shots. I have to be out on the road to get sunsets or sunrises. Anyway I've also decided to work on one good edit a day and really spend some time on it. I posted this photo up on MyShutterSpace today as my first concentrated effort and thus far even though it has been posted only a short time I am getting probably the best response I've ever had. I check on my responses just before I go to bed and I just had to share this with you all. I'm excited.

1 comment:

Jason Sparks said...

It is true that photography has more art opportunities in it than just snapping off frames. The capture of the image is extremely important. If you do not have strong representation of the subject no matter what else you do to it will not make it "a good photo." But on the flip side... there is digital darkroom processing that can be used to manipulate and "tweak" the image to your liking. It is you after all that is the artist. I love this composition and post capture edits. The color shift and blend in the sky is powerful. It adds value to what could have been a common sunset photograph.

Some of my recent posts have showcase some changes that can be made to images altering them... for better or for worse. Thanks for sharing the work. JAS.