Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas snow

This is the first time we had snow on Christmas since we moved here more than 20 years ago.  It's been 17 years since there has been snow on Christmas anywhere in Georgia and that was probably in the north Georgia mountains.  My poor roses still have buds on them.  I think maybe they are a little confused.  I wanted to post these yesterday, however I spent most of my day in the ER.  I guess I have been pushing too much and my knee swelled up and hurt BIG time.  The doctor had told me to have my knee checked whenever the pain was different or much worse so down to the ER I went.  No breaks, a big worry with the vitamin D deficiency, nothing wrong with the implant, just lots of fluid on my knee for unknown reasons.  Tomorrow I go to the orthopedist and see if he has any reasons or suggestions to stop this from happening again.  Oh well.  The snow has kept Laura from coming down from Virginia, but she and the boys will be here tomorrow.  Hooray, I' looking forward to having more family around.  I thought it was kind of neat to have snow on Christmas, where we lived before we moved here the kids went Trick-or-Treating in the snow and it was usually knee high by Thanksgiving.  Sometimes I miss it, but the snow on Christmas night with the streets for the most part clear the next morning was almost perfect, kind of magical.
 Enjoy  Johnina  ☺☺☺☺

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

So glad you had a White Christmas, snow adds so much magic to the holidays.;)
Happy New Year to you and yours - may 2011 be a wonderful and prosperous year indeed,
xoxo

Karen Wallace said...

Hello. Hope you are better. As you know, snow is abundant where I live!!! Hugs Karen