Thursday, November 4, 2010

Broken


Woke up this morning and couldn't go back to sleep; one of of the things that I do to help me when this happens is to listen to music.  Quite often it is New Age or Classical because they tend to be smooth with no vocals. For this reason I also occasionally listen to smooth jazz.  Lately however I have started to listen to hymns with the words and I find that this helps carry the calmness throughout my day as the words come back into my mind.  I have the hymns from our hymnbook on CD and put it on my 5 CD player and hit repeat all and listen all night.  A couple of weeks ago I discovered an Internet radio station http://www.yldsr.com/  that plays hymns, contemporary inspirational music and now Christmas music and you can choose which type you would prefer to listen to.  Right now 'Amazing Grace' is playing but when I first got up and started to listen one of my favorite contemporary songs was on and it kept going through my mind even with other songs playing so I decided to share it with you and I was surprised and delighted to find a video version on you-tube.  I hope you will listen and it will touch your spirit as it touches mine. 
Johnina :^A

7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I love hymns too which is surprising since I have not been a Christian for 30 years. But the old hymns were part of my childhood and remain cherished music for me. And I love Christmas carols! I could listen to them all year long.

Hilary said...

Lovely indeed. I hope you sleep better tonight.

Thanks for your visit to my blog today. :)

Snaggle Tooth said...

I bet it's an uplifting tune- but I'll have to wait to watch until the next time I'm at BBM's house. My old computer doesn't like videos.
Thanks for visiting ESR!

Leovi said...

Beautiful song accompanied by interesting images, very good to relax.

happyone said...

A beautiful song and yes it touched my heart too. And I know out of broken things God makes things good again and sometimes even better. :-)
Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.

Zuzana said...

That was beautiful and very spiritual... Music is amazing and so comforting, definitely vital in my life as well.
xox

Lolit C said...

thanks for sharing Johnina... so timely just when I needed it most.:)