Monday, January 17, 2011

Sketchbook project

I found out about the sketchbook project just before the deadline for signing up and than I had to get up the courage to do that first page, so I had to catch up and I've spent lots of time recently finishing up.  If you would like to know about the project just press the sketchbook icon on the top left of my blog.  The sketchbooks will go on tour across the U.S. and later on they will be available both in the library that is sponsoring it and online
I am grateful to have found this project through my visits to other peoples blogs and to know that many other artist have a hard time starting a new sketchbook.  There is something about that pristine book and making that first mark that is intimidating and it sure is nice to read in others blogs that they go through the same thing. Once I got started I really had fun with it. and I think sketchbooks should be fun..  . 
I use my sketchbooks as experiments in new techniques and media and this one is no exception. In this sketchbook I experimented with markers and crayons. I loved using that combination when I was a child.  I used several different brands, tips and mixes.
I also experimented with different art styles.  I found cartooning to be delightful.  This has really pointed out to me how much I enjoy just playing with my art even if it is for a purpose.
I am truly learning to enjoy many different facets of my life and now quite often feel like the picture above.
Enjoy
Johnina  ☺☺☺☺☺


1 comment:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Fun! I like the first sketch in particular! There's something about that green, leafy, ladybuggy peace hand!