Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year news

A couple of days after new years Benjamin brought his girlfriend Amanda over to the house; unfortunately he had put on Facebook that he was engaged thinking that he would be able to tell all his family before before they saw it. Now my kids are Facebook users and within a couple of minutes they were hot on the phone calling Benjamin saying 'what? what?'. Jeremy had to run interference so that I wouldn't get to the computer and see it on Facebook before Benjamin had a chance to drive over here and tell us. So since I wasn't a real good I went to bed. When they got here they had any up out of bed to give me the announcement that they were engaged and planning to get married sometime this spring. Tom and I  and the whole family really like Amanda and are looking forward to this wedding. Amanda has always acted like one of the family since the first time she came over and we have enjoyed her presence.they have not gotten their rings yet because Benjamin wanted her to be able to pick out her ring.

Tomorrow she and I are going to the Salvador Dali exhibit at the High Museum in Atlanta. I've gone with Laura and Emily, but I look forward to seeing the exhibit again and seeing it with Amanda ought to be a lot of fun. Planning the wedding while it will be a lot of work with Amanda I think it will be a lot of fun to.
Wish us all luck Johnina ☺☺☺☺☺
P. S. This is the first time I've used Dragon voice recognition program for my blog. I think it's going to help me a lot. 

2 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats to the happy couple! And I like your perky blog makeover too.

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Thanks Debra