Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spiders, spiders everywhere


This year we seem to have lots of spiders everywhere if you remember a couple of posts ago the forest pics with all the webs going across the floor of the woods there were certainly a multitude of webs.  I took a photo of this blade of grass and I saw the white on it but didn't know what it was till I saw the photo on the computer and saw that it was a web complete with spider.
This little beauty showed up when the boys were cleaning out my garden and went to put the plants they pulled up into the garbage can composer.  They came and got me (I have my family well trained) I took the photos and then they killed it.  It was actually a little scary taking this photo cuz I had to clear out some of his web to get close enough to get a good portrait of him.


This little guy was indeed a little guy.  He was smaller than the eraser on a pencil.  The shiny spots in the background are dew drops.  I couldn't get a real clear picture of him because I don't have a camera with interchangeable lens, but he was so cool looking that I just had to try and then include him with the other spiders.  I have been working on learning to use the aperture settings to get good clear images in the foreground and a very softened background.  I think it is helping to improve my photos and it will help when I get my DSLR.
Johnina  :^A