Friday, September 10, 2010

Scene while walking the dog

I think quite often we take for granted the beauty around us everyday.  While walking the dog and enjoying the early morning sunshine with it's dappled shade, it occurred to me that I had gotten out of the habit of sharing everyday pleasures.
I am also a firm believer that when you put good out you get good back.  I just got finished reading Dan Brown's "Lost Symbols" and the scientist in it was working on proving that people can influence the world around them by their thoughts.  Dr. Wayne Dyer also puts forth this idea in his books and the title of his book that I am currently reading "The Power of Intention" really puts forth his belief in the power of one's thoughts to influence one's life for good.  I have put some of his principles to work in my life and seen the results and delightful they have been.  I also believe that just putting out good thoughts and sharing the good in one's life bring good into one's life.  Serendipity in principle and action.
I have also found that the good that comes into one's life also comes when you are ready. In finding the book on vitamin D ("The Vitamin D Solution" by Dr. Michael Holick) not to long ago I would have ignored it, because of all the things listed on the front that it was supposed to cure or help.  It sounds to good to be true and things that sound to good to be true usually are. However, I have had so many experiences lately with one hormone or medicine helping or throwing off lots of different parts of my body that I was willing to read it.  I have learned a tremendous amount from this book and one of the most important is the fact that vitamin D is not a vitamin but a hormone and a type of steroid at that; which is why it effects so my systems in one's body.  Since I know I am indeed deficient in vitamin D I am doing my best to follow the suggestion in this book.  Right now I am sitting under a UVB light so my skin can produce vitamin D. Even finding out I was vitamin D deficient was a matter of serendipity,  finding the info when I was ready and having others ready to help along the way.
 
 
 
I hope you enjoy some of the beauty I found while walking the dog.
Please leave a good thought or experience from your life in the comments so you can join me in passing good around the world.
Johnina  :^A

 

1 comment:

EG CameraGirl said...

I agree that it's amazing what you can see and experience while out on a walk. And I firmly believe good thoughts breed good thoughts.