Saturday, May 22, 2010

Couldn't believe my eyes

I was sure glad I had my camera. I was on my way to the library when I spotted this big old turkey vulture sitting up in this big old snag tree that I pass all the time.  I quickly checked my mirror and pulled over ( I've got to get caution signs for the back of my car) and sarted taking photos and this little bird started dive bombing the vulture, silly thing, and I was hoping against hope that I could capture that action.  To my surprise this little bird sat down on a limb next to the vulture and started squawking at him.  The vulture pretty well just kind of tolerated the little bully and I got a lot of good photos of the vulture but no real good ones of the dive bombing.  Sigh!
In spite of the tone of the last post; photos and experiences like this will always be a part of my blog because they are a big part of my life. 

No comments: