Thursday, January 26, 2012

Movement- Thematic Photography #180


Homing in

This weeks theme for Carmi's writteninc is Movement.  Even though the skateboarders I posted a couple of days ago where my first concentrated effort on capturing action shots; in going through my photos I saw that I had indeed captured some movement in my photos.  These shots were mostly accidental in their capture.  This bird is a good example; I was shooting birds at the feeder on my front porch and just happened to click the shutter at the right time.

Jogging ponytail
 This photo was another case of being in the right place.  We used to have joggers who would use our sub-division and it's cul-de-sacs as a track to run on.  I was outside taking photos when this jogger ran by with her ponytail swinging as she jogged.  I liked watching the ponytail and snapped this shot.

Blowing in the wind

This photo was on purpose.  I had been out walking the dog on this blustery day and decided to try to capture the movement of the wind in the leaves.  I set my camera on the my tripod so the branches would be clear and steady; I then slowed down my shutter speed.  I really liked the results.  Instead of a crisp capture of a moment in time; I think I was able to capture the essence of the wind.
For more interpretations on this theme go to writteninc.

Enjoy
☺☺☺Johnina☺☺☺


5 comments:

Max Sartin said...

That first one with the bird is amazing, beautiful. Great photos!

21 Wits said...

The bird flying in is very cool, as is the wind through the leaves! All very nice. It's amazing how these these themes bring out points in your photos you might not otherwise even think about!

Bob Scotney said...

It may have been luck,Johnina but the picture of the bird is worth its place in any wildlife/birding magazine.

ann @ studiohyde said...

What a great photo of the bird!

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Thanks so much for the comments- it's comments like these that keep me blogging