Thursday, January 5, 2012

Abstract Photography Contest


My Abstract Art Contest entry on MyShutterSpace


I belong to MyShutterSpace a great photo sharing site- my favorite.  Last sunday I decided to enter the contest in the Abstract photography group (they have a wide variety of groups to join).   The contest was to photograph a common household object but to focus in on the color and texture, so I searched for something interesting to photograph.  I found my knife set in its butcher block holder; took lots of pics from different angles and different lighting.  Got one I really liked and then inverted the colors to come up with the above photo.  Some of the other photos are below.

Abstract Knives

It always amazes me what a difference the lighting makes in shadows and even in the coloring; which shows up in these photos.
BTW: I got second place; there was not many entries but; hey, second place is still second place.

Enjoy
☺☺☺Johnina☺☺☺

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Congrats! Second place is great!

chromaticvista said...

Congrats Johnina.

Regards,
Wayne

young-eclectic-encounters said...

Debra- Wayne
Thanks
Johnina

Janet said...

When I first looked at the top photo I thought it might be a building! Nope, it's a knife set! I love abstract photography. Congratulations on getting second place. That's something to be proud of.

Carousel Dreams said...

Second place is awesome! Congratulations...great to see your creativity..and thankyou for stopping by my blog x