Friday, August 26, 2011

Bright new day

Hoping for a bright new day.  I just got home from taking my computer down to the Geek Squad at Best Buy.  When I got home the first priority was to walk the dog and when I looked up this is the sky I saw.  I love it when the sun shines through the clouds like this,  It always cheers me up.  I always really dislike leaving my computer but it was not allowing me to download my new photo-editing program that I received for my birthday sooo since I have the insurance that covers such things to the Geek Squad I went.  Since my computer was also running slow again they suggested a complete check-up.  My insurance also covers this, love insurance, love the Geek Squad and Best Buy.  Between Emily and I the insurance has more than paid for itself.  I still hate leaving my computer though because all my pictures are on my computer.  However I had not erased my pics from my camera so I still had 475 photos on my card in my camera.  Went to download the program that allows me download my photos only to find that the CD was cracked.  I went to http://www.canon.com/ to see if there was anything I could do.  I fully expected to have to leave an E-mail and hope for an E-mail back.  Surprise, surprise they have a toll-free number with real people, really helpful people and the person I talked to patiently walked me through the process of getting my photos downloaded.  I was even more impressed when I found out the are headquartered in Virginia in the path of the hurricane and they were still quick and patient and helpful.  Certainly improved my opinion of Canon.  All in all this is the best experience I've had when my computer has been down and out, so I will still be able to post.  Maybe when my computer comes back it will work better and I will indeed have a bright new day. 

Enjoy
☺☺☺Johnina☺☺☺

9 comments:

21 Wits said...

Simply, lovely!

Max Sartin said...

I always love pictures of clouds, especially ones a nice as these.

Alexia said...

so beautiful!

Bob Scotney said...

All's right withe the world on days as bright as this. When you photograph clouds you know that your pictures are unique.

A Paperback Writer Photos said...

I really like that second photo.

Little Nell said...

You have two simply stunning shots there!

Gilly said...

Those are great shots, especially the first, which is a beautiful composition!sestjnch

Barbara said...

Both shots are stunning! Those straight-on sunlight shots can be so powerful!

carmilevy said...

Ooh, I love these! As you know, I've always been a huge sky-photography fan, and I'll often point my lens up whenever things look particularly interesting there.

Your pictures - and the delightfully human experience that's connected to their capture - reminds me that this is one subject that will never get old. What a great choice for the theme!